Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Our New Ariel Shells Are Here!


For those of you who know me, I go nuts about costume design. It's what lead me to have the "Just Breathe" gown from the movie Ever After made several years back. When choosing fabric,
I always opt for quality. So yesterday my TCC partner Jennifer and I, spent the day at Britex Fabrics down in San Francisco. For those of you who know Britex, it is fabric heaven. (Well, for those of us in San Francisco that is.) We spent hours walking through four floors with our seamstress. We were kids in a candy store looking through the finest fabrics and notions.

As we gear up for our annual photo shoot this month, we are busy completing all of our new costumes. This past week our new Ariel shells arrived. We went a little crazy with these. They are custom seashells hand-carved and then molded. Each shell is cast in a plastic resin and is airbrushed and topped off with an abundance of swarvorski crystal and pearls. Since we ordered them plain, we will be have the job of placing the crystals on ourselves. Each set has over 500 stones--ugh!!.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....