Friday, February 26, 2010

Alice 2010

I really wish that I had the time to learn to sew, but unfortunately I do not so costume construction is left to the professionals. Since I am a stickler when it comes to costume design and quality, the majority of my performer's outfits are custom made for me. So with Tim burton's new Alice in Wonderland movie due out in theaters any day now, my designer has already started production on her dress and I cannot wait to see it. This is an original shot from the front of Alice's movie costume.




Starting with the Alice buttons, the unique pattern on the front of the screen dress is almost impossible to match, so my designer and her team are having to hand paint flowers, leaves and vines on their buttons using calligraphy pens and white paint.




Beneath is a striped petticoat with a biased edge on the screen version. Not knowing what the actual petticoat looks like under the dress, their version will be a straight skirt halfway down with a large ruffle at the bottom.

No comments: