Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Snow White Table Design


I am a purger by nature. When something has completed its use in my house, out it usually goes. I am now in the mist of retiring many of my older table settings and princess costumes to make room for the new ones. Yesterday I spent the day with my photographer Sam, who was photographing some of my new designs. Here's a picture of the new Snow White table that I designed a couple of months ago. It will eventually have a few more subtle components added to it, but I was able to put this together for a last minute party. Everything centered around the owl tea set. When I found it, I new that it would be perfect for this theme. The fabulous centerpiece was designed by my favorite local floral designer. I wanted something with a woodland feel to it. The pot looks like a tree stump and there is dried hydrangea, lichen, moss, faux burch, twigs and branches and mushrooms in it. The table linen is a silvery blue, taffeta-like fabric which compliments the plates, owl cups and centerpiece perfectly. I have to say that I really love this design!