Monday, September 21, 2009

Wonderfully Wicked!




Are people born wicked, or do they have wickedness thrust upon them? This is the main question in the musical, Wicked. As I get ready to launch my Glinda character next month, I decided to see the musical yesterday. The San Francisco production is playing at the Orpheum theatre at Market and 8th Street. The show is fabulous and a must see! Kendra Kassenbaum and Teal Wicks are amazing as the leads of Galinda and Elphaba. Adapted for the stage from Gregory Maguire's 1995 novel: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West, it tells the untold story of the witches of Oz: How one came to be known as good and the other wicked. It also provides some very interesting insight into the characters of the Cowardly Lion, Tin Man, Scarecrow, and of the ruby slippers. I loved everything about this show and cannot wait to take my family back to see it!

No comments: