Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Belle Loves the Beast


March is always a busy party month for me. Today I am preparing for an upcoming Belle party I will have in Atherton. When preparing craft items, I always try to create and offer something that is appropriate to the theme. For Belle, the wilting red rose in a glass cloche is very important to the story because it symbolizes the time left that the Beast has to find true love before he remains a creature forever. Since a glass cloche is not practical for a young child's party, I am using a plastic bell shaped cloche with plastic bottom and handle for my craft. On the plastic bottom disc, I have hot glued a small piece of styrofoam covered in moss in which to place the standing rose. Depending on the age group, an adult will most likely have to hot glue the items on. On the outside handle, you can have the children adhere self adhesive gems or pearls, you can then attach a pretty name tag with thin red ribbon. The bottom will have to be secured with clear sticky dots. I will attach a picture as soon as I finish.

No comments: